We are looking for a sales rep to join our company and help us grow both locally and nationally. The ideal candidate will have a strong comfort or track record dealing with small business owners and executives. This is a heavily performance-oriented position in a team-based environment.
What are the top challenges for the position?
- This is a new sales team, so the positioning and scripting will need to be continually developed, tested and refined;
- The direct sales model is new for our company and new processes will need to be developed and refined;
- Our services can have a long sales cycle.
What are the top actions we are looking for?
- Research and gather business intelligence on potential leads;
- Develop and qualify leads;
- Conduct phone-based sales calls with CEOs, CFOs and business owners of small and mid-sized companies.
What results do we expect?
- Conduct at least 100 phone calls or 10 prospect visits per week;
- Convert at least 20% of qualified opportunities;
- Maintain a database of prospects at a level that allows 100 connected calls per week.
If you would like this story to be yours, send a copy of your resume along with a cover letter telling us why this job should be yours.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent professional experience;
- Excellent relationship-building skills and transactional sales experience;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Exceptional ability to immediately establish one’s credibility with senior executives;
- Ability to meet personal and team weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual financial goals;
- Personal integrity & character;
- Self-discipline with a sense of urgency – “A doer”;
- A team player mindset, independent yet supportive;
- Professional presence and manner;
- Demonstrable business acumen and emotional intelligence as evidenced by prior results;
- Strong technical aptitude and a love of all things electronic.
Through heavy outbound calling and targeted lead generation campaigns, the Sales Representative’s primary goal is to get new clients. You will be assigned a revenue goal along with a monthly target of necessary interactions in order to hit that goal. The day will consist of several hours of outbound calling and equivalent time to demo and close prospects.
Typical day-to-day activities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Conducting phone-based sales calls with senior executives at small to mid-sized companies to articulate our business model and value proposition;
- Developing and qualifying leads within respective territory to drive additional sales opportunities through cold-calling and lead generation campaigns;
- Gathering business intelligence on companies, leads and each qualified prospect to support the scheduling of sales calls;
- Participate in sales training to improve sales acumen;
- Completing win-loss analysis to diagnose deal potential and skill gaps.
Respond to this job posting to firstname.lastname@example.org as follows:
- A resume and/or LinkedIn profile;
- Your subject line must contain the word Virtual;
- The body of your e-mail should include your creative and compelling sales response to: Why should my small Law Firm buy your company’s eSignature Software?